9/9/09

Labor Day week

So things are moving along very well, I guess. We were able to have a great annual family labor day vacation. Four generations camping along the shores of lake Thurmond for 4 nights and 5 days 14 people, between the ages of 6mos. and 73 yrs, had a great time.



Even with the vacation we were able to accomplish a great deal.

-Visa applications completed and visa pictures made

-Visa applications mailed and paid for, with return shipping (Travisa rocks!)

- Forgot to enclose copies of Photo ID other than passport. They sent us an e-mail and let us scan our DLs and e-mail them.

-Checked on flights, can't book anything until the visa's come back. Must have the visa number to book a flight into India

- Bought a couple of long skirts for India. Not really my style, but I don't want to offend anyone since we be in a smallish town and my knees would be scandalous.

- Got an e-mail saying they had been processed and were being returned to us today.

- The whole process from ship date to return date was one week one day. That is with a holiday and the forgotten ID copy. (WOW, that was fast)

- Bought a couple of long skirts for the trip. Not really my style, but I don't want to offend anyone. Because we will be in a smallish town, my knees would be scandalous.

- Checked on flights. Can't book anything until we have Visas in hand. I need the number.

-First payment to the clinic of $1000 USD is due on Sept 21. Got the e-mail on Sept 4



Still on the ever growing to do list:

- Get name corrected on frfly account

- Go to local doctor for check-up and prescription for estridol

- Make a packing list ( for ease of travel, one bag and one small carry aboard per person)

- Get transportation in India.

- and the list goes on and on.


I am not telling my family or work why we are going to India. Just don't think I can handle the questions. I have had to come up with some creative sentences to keep from lying to my boss without actually telling a lie.

1 comment:

  1. Dee,
    I there. Had a comment posted on our blog that I believe was from you, but I didn't have your email address to respond...I think I've found you.

    Email anshul.j@yourmaninindia.com for assistance in Delhi. We were very pleased with their service. I have an email link on my profile, on our blog, so feel free to email directly with any questions at all!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete